Day 01 → Something you hate about yourself.
Day 02 → Something you love about yourself.
Day 03 → Something you have to forgive yourself for.
Day 04 → Something you have to forgive someone for.
Day 1: I hate the fact that, even when I don't show it, I'm very sensitive and the slightest things, no matter how little they may appear to others, stings like a papercut. Then take a bunch of those and lump them on top of a festering problem like depression and low self-esteem and it just feels all the worse.
Day 2: I love how good I am at massage. I've been told that if I were licensed, I'd be doing pretty well. I pay attention to the person I'm with, I ask questions, I listen to both verbal and nonverbal cues.
Day 3: I have to forgive myself for not being perfect. It probably sounds stupid and pretentious, but that's how I was raised. If I wasn't perfect, then I wasn't doing my best. So it was (metaphorically) beat into me that if I don't do something perfectly, then I'm wasting my time. That developed into a "why should I do anything, cause I'm just gonna suck at it" attitude that plagues me to this day.
Day 4: I'm not really sure how to answer this one. There's wrongs in my past, certainly, but I don't feel like I've held a grudge over any of them. Mostly, my issues tended to turn inward.
for day # 4, to me it sounds like you need to forgive those who raised you with the attitude to be "perfect" when they clearly weren't perfect themselves. (just a thought)
ReplyDelete@Suechan:
ReplyDeleteHonestly, as painful as things were with them, I really don't have any negative feelings towards them. Do I wish things were different? Absolutely! But the past is the past, and they did the best they could.