Friday, April 15, 2011

Holy monkeys, a new, non-meme type post!

It's true.. I have not turned into a meme-answering automaton. I've just been kind of mentally scattered. Here's the latest in what's going on with me:

I finally got a job! I'll be working at a gas station that's part of the SuperAmerica chain. It's not amazing, and I'll be next to a bar or two, so I'll be dealing with drunk folks, cause at least 3 days of my schedule are guaranteed overnights. Anyone who wants to buy me an extendable police baton that i can hide on my person will be appreciated deeply.

I've been doing some studying into various flavors of earth-based religions, and tonight i'm going to a class on witchcraft that's being put on by one of the local covens.

Of the folks who've actually contacted me back on OK Cupid, i've actually talked with 4, texted back and forth with 3, made plans to meet 2 and met 1. Her, I got to meet once, then, theoretically, life hit her hard. I'm a little sceptical and paranoid, but that's just me. The one who I made plans to meet with yesterday seriously flaked on me twice. I had my first interview with the gas station in the morning, then she and I had made plans to meet up for lunch and to hang out. Admittedly, I got there 10 minutes late, but there was never a call, never a text from her asking where I was. Then, 10 minutes after I got there, I called and texted her. No answer. I go ahead and have my own lunch. I leave an hour and a half after she and I were supposed to meet and go home. An hour after that, she texts, tells me she had an interview for a new job, and tells me she's nervous about meeting me. Ok, I get that those two things wreak a little hell on someone's focus.

So, I suggest we try just hanging out in the Starbucks in the mall. She says she's still really nervous, but she'll try to make herself go. About 30ish minutes after I have settled in to start reading (so that if she were to show up she could check me out before I saw her), I get a text from her saying that she's too nervous, and maybe we can try again next week.

You know, I totally get being nervous about meeting new people. But you know what? Standing them up twice in the same day is fucking rude. That really pissed me off. I could have been in the quiet, warm(-ish) house, writing my blogs and talking with people who don't stand me up. She's already on strike 2. If she and I have coinciding days off next week, we'll see what happens. If she stands me up again, she's out. I may crave affection and attention, but I'm not a doormat.


Lastly, NEEHU. The New England Erotic Hypnosis Unconference. I'm pretty fragging excited. I've basically been on Quest for Lady Ru'etha since the summer, and my goal is within reach. I will be volunteering during the con, and one of the events that's listed on the event spreadsheet is me and @Twink_l_ie's collarings. It's something I've honestly dreamed of and wished for since She caught me outside of the restroom at Dragon Con in 2007. So from April 28th until May 2nd I will be out of town. *squee*

No comments:

Post a Comment